Welcome to Day 1 of my October 31 Days of Writing challenge! I chose the topic “31 Days to Raise Your Vibration” because I believe that most people are mired in negative feelings, thoughts and beliefs, which creates negative energy in their lives, which creates unwanted situations in their reality. For many years, I was one of those people. I didn’t really understand how my bad feelings and crappy moods were affecting my world, but as I learned more about the Law of Attraction and started to deliberately make small changes in how I was living my day-to-day life, I began to clearly see results in my larger reality. Things that had been a struggle for many years gradually became almost effortless. Toxic relationships fell away and nurturing friendships took their place. I no longer needed to numb my feelings with alcohol, and was able to quit cold turkey. It became easier to manage my money and spending, easier to keep my house uncluttered and clean, easier to nourish my body with the right foods.
In this series, I’m going to cover some of the things I’ve done to raise my own vibration, and perhaps discover some new things that we can try together. I’m going to ask you all to keep an open mind and, for the next month, bring along a few new mental attitudes for the journey. Here are a few things that will help ease the way:
- Belief. For this month, embrace the idea that everything is energy. Skeptics will say that the “energy” that New Agers like me talk about is not the same thing as the “energy” that scientists talk about, but for just this month let’s go with the idea that it is. If there’s anything that quantum physics has made clear, it’s that we (scientists and New Agers alike) still don’t really understand the nature of the Universe on a subatomic level. It appears that everything and everyone is mostly made up of empty space. Tiny particles (which are sometimes waves) seem to blink in and out of existence, depending on whether they’re being observed or not. From there it’s not such a huge leap to imagine that our focus, thoughts and feelings can affect our reality. For our purposes, we’re going to assume that energy is real, that it permeates all things, and that we (and everything else) all vibrate with it at varying frequencies. Higher vibrations attract better things and experiences, and lower vibrations attract worse things and experiences.
- Awareness. So many people are sleepwalking through life. They’re just subconsciously reacting to people and events without any awareness, totally at the mercy of their old thought patterns and habits of mind. You can’t form new habits if you’re not aware of the old ones. For this month, I want you to be the observer of your own mind, your own life. Without judgement, simply notice how you react to stress, to pressure, to the actions of people around you. Listen to your thoughts, and to your self-talk. Pay attention to your moods and your feelings. Notice the things you say out loud, the words you actually use. Are your thoughts mostly positive, or mostly negative? Are you generally feeling good, or generally feeling bad? Do you complain, or criticize? Do you worry all the time? You may be surprised to find that you’ve been steeping yourself in negativity without being truly aware of it. Don’t beat yourself up; that’s how most people live. But we’re not most people, and that all changes, starting today.
- Willingness. Just be open to try. Be willing to let go of the old habits, and embrace the new. I’m going to suggest some things that seem like common sense, and other things that seem really out there. Be brave, be bold, be up for the challenge. Try the ones that resonate, or better yet, try them all! You have nothing to lose but a lifetime of negativity.
- Patience. Raising your vibration is a marathon, not a sprint. Most of the things I’ll be suggesting are simple, small things that repeated over time will have a big impact. Change will happen in increments, not a big leap. In fact, if you try and do it in one big leap your subconscious may freak out and put on the brakes in the form of flat tires, computer crashes, sprained ankles and various other big and little annoyances. Remember, it will take your subconscious a while to acclimate to the new status quo. At every turn, it will want to go diving back into its warm, safe stew of old habits and negative thinking because that’s what feels familiar and safe. Your job–as the driver of this bus–is to stay the course, keep the faith, and deal with any bumps in the road matter-of-factly, quickly and cheerfully.
- Have fun! Lighten up, and enjoy the ride. Life is supposed to be fun! You’ll quickly learn that a high vibe life is infinitely better, richer, bubblier, sparklier, more magical and more fun than the old life of doom and gloom. Be kind to yourself, laugh off any mistakes or setbacks, and strap in for an amazing ride.
See you tomorrow for Day 2! Make sure to subscribe by email or like my Facebook page to get every post.