It’s my favorite time of year again! Spring is right around the corner (it’s going to hit 70 tomorrow here in NJ) and spring means smoothies. For some of us who grew up on Mickey D’s, it also means Shamrock Shakes. Back in the day, I used to go and buy one every year to ring in March, but those days of ingesting huge fat- and sugar-laden chemical bombs are long over for me. Besides, they hurt my tummy.
Here is a healthy version that has the same shamrock-y mint flavor and color, but won’t make you feel like you swallowed a brick.
- a small frozen banana, cut into chunks
- half an avocado
- handful of baby spinach
- non-dairy liquid to cover (I use half unsweetened almond-coconut blend and half water)
- a couple drops of vanilla extract
- a couple drops of peppermint extract
- a couple drops of liquid stevia
Blend and enjoy! (Makes two servings)
Let me know in the comments if you try it. I think it tastes even better than the “real” (fake) thing.